Doorway to Morocco: New Nonstop Flights and Hotel Expansion Bring North Africa Closer
Doorway to Morocco: New Nonstop Flights and Hotel Expansion, traveling to Morocco is becoming quicker and easier than ever before.
- Nonstop Flights Making Morocco More Accessible
- Global Hotel Chains Expanding Across Morocco
- Impact of Improved Access for US Travelers
- Top Destinations Being Better Connected
- Increasing Interest in Moroccan Experiences
- Looking Ahead at Morocco's Tourism Growth
- Get Inspired and Plan Your Trip Today!
- Plan an Entertaining Moroccan Holiday Now!
With its alluring mix of cultural treasures, dramatic landscapes, and exotic aura, Morocco has quickly catapulted near the top of many American travelers’ bucket lists. Yet for years, barriers like limited flights, long transfers, and accommodation options sometimes made visiting challenging.
Now, Morocco is more accessible than ever for US tourists seeking to explore its medinas, mountains, and deserts. National carrier Royal Air Maroc has expanded nonstop flights from major hubs, opening new direct routes from cities like New York, Miami, and Washington D.C. At the same time, global hotel brands are staking their claim in Morocco, adding high-end properties across hotspots like Marrakech.
For travelers, this means getting to Morocco is now possible with quicker, more convenient flights. And upon arrival, brand name accommodations ranging from luxurious riads to desert eco-camps extend options. With tourism continuing to rise steadily, Morocco is ready to welcome Americans enchanted by its unique history and culture. This guide will look at how new air routes and hotels are opening the doors to Morocco wider than ever before.
Nonstop Flights Making Morocco More Accessible
Several airlines have introduced new direct flights from major US cities to Morocco, cutting travel time:
- Royal Air Maroc added new nonstop routes from New York, Miami, and Washington D.C., with 6-8 hour flights.
- Low-cost competitor Air Arabia launched nonstops from New York’s JFK to Marrakech, Casablanca, and Tangier.
- Other European airlines like Iberia, Air France, and TAP Air Portugal also connect US cities to Morocco through their hubs.
These new routes avoid time-consuming layovers when transferring in Europe previously required. Nonstop flights reduce travel time and jet lag, making Moroccan vacations more appealing.
Global Hotel Chains Expanding Across Morocco
Recognizing Morocco’s tourism potential, major hotel brands are opening new properties catering to luxury travelers:
- Accor, Hilton, Hyatt and Marriott have all expanded, especially in Marrakech where 12 new chain hotels opened in 2021 alone.
- Boutique hotel groups like Relais & Chateaux are also entering the market with one-of-a-kind riads.
- High end desert camps are growing for experiential luxury stays in the Sahara, from scarlet dunes to oasis palmeraies.
This influx of international accommodations provides travelers familiar settings and rewards programs.
Impact of Improved Access for US Travelers
The convenience of direct flights and familiar lodging makes visiting Morocco easier:
- With nonstop routes available from more US cities, airfares may potentially drop with added competition.
- Reduced travel times also limit jet lag impact, maximizing time exploring after arrival.
- Packaged multi-city air-hotel deals could become more common as capacity increases.
Overall, Morocco’s expanding air and hotel infrastructure minimizes previous obstacles to visiting.
Top Destinations Being Better Connected
Beyond major hubs like Marrakech and Casablanca, enhanced infrastructure is also improving access to Morocco’s smaller gems:
- Chefchaouen is now reachable via direct flights into nearby Tangier, followed by a 2 hour drive or bus ride.
- The film studio town of Ouarzazate is accessible via 1 hour flights from Casablanca or Marrakech.
- New accommodations ranging from riads to eco-lodges are opening across Atlas Mountain villages and the Sahara.
This enables travelers to seamlessly incorporate off-the-beaten-path destinations into their Moroccan journeys.
Increasing Interest in Moroccan Experiences
Morocco’s growing popularity with Americans is driven by an interest in:
- Culinary experiences like food tours, cooking classes, and market walks.
- Outdoor activities from camel trekking to surfing vibrant Atlantic waves.
- Embracing local history and Islamic architecture.
- Following in the footsteps of classic Hollywood movies filmed on location here.
Looking Ahead at Morocco’s Tourism Growth
As Morocco’s doors continue to open wider, ongoing growth in US visitors is projected with:
- Tourism numbers steadily rebounding post-pandemic.
- Americans’ rising fascination with Morocco as a safe exotic destination.
- Efforts by the Moroccan National Tourist Board to showcase the country’s diversity.
With convenient new direct flights being added from major US hubs and familiar hotel brands expanding across hotspots like Marrakech and beyond, Morocco is more accessible than ever for American travelers seeking to explore its intricate beauty.
Gone are the days of exhausting multi-leg journeys and limited lodging options. Thanks to nonstop routes minimizing jet lag as well as global hotels catering to luxury tastes, visitors can now dive into Morocco’s captivating mosaic of culture, landscapes, and experiences with greater ease.
As airport connections continue to increase and hotel development responds to growing international demand, Morocco elevates its status as a top emerging destination. Both veteran travelers who found past barriers cumbersome and newcomers eager to savor Morocco’s tastes, sights and hospitality can now fulfill their aspirations more seamlessly than before.
The door to Morocco’s treasures has genuinely opened wider, ready to welcome curious travelers seeking their next great adventure. Step through and let your own journey unfold.
Get Inspired and Plan Your Trip Today!
- Check out our Morocco Private Tours to see all the fantastic places you can visit in Morocco.
- Customize your own tour using the form on our website to create a vacation that is perfect for you.
Royal Air Maroc and Air Arabia Maroc provide nonstop flights to Morocco from major US airports like New York JFK, Washington Dulles, and Miami.
Direct flights from New York JFK to Casablanca take around 7 hours on average nonstop. Connecting flights are longer.
Major brands like Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott and Four Seasons have hotels in top cities like Marrakech and Casablanca, with more openings planned.
Arranging a private airport transfer with your hotel, taking a taxi or using the new Marrakech airport train are the most convenient transportation options.
Yes, as Morocco’s tourism continues growing, experts predict more nonstop routes will be added from other US cities along with potential low-cost flight options.
Moroccan Travel Expert
Plan an Entertaining Moroccan Holiday Now!
We can help you fit your stay and experience within your allotted budget.